Diabetes happens to be the greatest global health challenges of 21st century with 350 million people suffering from diabetes worldwide, as on date. 60% of diabetes population of the world is in Asia. India too has become the world capital of diabetes with 20-25% of diabetes population of the world coming from India. So, for India too, it is a great challenge. Type 2 diabetes is partly preventable by staying a normal weight, exercising regularly, and eating properly. Treatment involves exercise and dietary changes. Since Diabetes, Pre-Diabetes, Obesity, Cholesterol, Cardiovascular Diseases are all known to be correlated and inter-connected to one another, steps to either prevent them or manage them with long term dietary and life style changes is the key to avoid future chronic complications. Dietary changes for Diabetes Management have given rise to Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT), which is supported by institutions.
Dr. Shirodkar’s special dietary food products ( described in this website ) are designed to provide the medical nutrition therapy as elaborated above and based on scientific nutrition principles below.
Improved blood glucose control comes from following factors in the food formulation
- Carbohydrate system that decreases sharp post prandial glucose peaks and lessens glycemic variability
- High soluble and insoluble fibre content that improves lipid profile, promotes bowel health because
- Soluble fiber dissolves into a gel-like texture, helping to slow down digestion, which helps one feel full longer and is one reason why fiber helps with weight control.
- Insoluble fiber does not dissolve at all and helps add bulk to your stool which helps food to move through one’s digestive tract more quickly for healthier elimination.
- Heart healthy fat contents – no cholesterol , no saturated or trans fats
These factors above are woven in the Dr. Shirodkar’s special dietary food products (manufactured by M/s ‘H’ for Health Wellness Solutions, Pune, India as evident from the following test results of these food products in the NABL accredited labs recognized by FSSAI.